Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve done a book tag, and I saw this one over at Lila’s blog, and decided I might as well do it myself. So, let’s begin!
Also…I’ve always felt terrible for the Grinch omg 😦
1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out // Name a book/series/character that started out well and then went downhill.
Since I just finished The Becoming of Noah Shaw, I might as well use that for this question. If you’ve read my review, you know how disappointed I was by this installment. I know, technically it’s the first book in a series, but you can’t really read it without already having read Mara Dyer. So yes–this book definitely fits, since I loved the Mara Dyer trilogy SO much more.
2. Annoying relatives won’t leave you alone // Name a book that you did not enjoy but everyone else seems to love, and it will not stop haunting you.
It’s literally been three years, but I still don’t understand why everyone loves I’ll Give You The Sun so much. All I remember was that it was insta-lovey and just…not that good. (I will still literally rant about this book guys–it’s never going to end).
3. Your pets keep knocking over your Christmas decorations // Name a character that kept on messing everything up for everyone.
OHMYGOD how annoying the main character was in The Kite Runner! I remember liking the book when I read it last year, and the character development was good, but he was just so goddamn selfish and I could not get over it.
4. You hear your parents putting presents out and learn that Father Christmas is not real // Name a book you were spoiled for.
I’ve been spoiled for sooo many books, but here are some off the top of my head: Allegiant, City of Glass, Clockwork Princess, Heir of Fire…all of the mainstream books that I would have loved even more if I hadn’t been spoiled.
5. It’s freezing outside // Name a character you just couldn’t warm to.
August Flynn from This Savage Song. It’s not that I didn’t like him; he was fine, but I just couldn’t bring myself to care that much. At the end of the duology, because I wasn’t really emotionally attached, I didn’t end up having my heart broken like everyone else, even though I had enjoyed the books in general.
6. Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ is being played a lot on the radio, giving you anti-romantic feelings // Name a couple that you just could not stand.
Will I ever stop screeching about just how much I hate Aelin and Rowan? I hate them so much that I changed the font of this text for the first time in my life. I just…can’t. I hated Rowan from the start; ever since he started abusing her and I despised it when Sarah turned their relationship into a romance. Blegh.
7. The scratchy homemade jumper that you got for Christmas years ago but have never worn // A book that has been sitting on your shelf for years that you are not motivated to read, but do not have the heart to get rid of.
Sadly, my sister gave me The Knife of Never Letting Go (haha, get it, I don’t want to let go of it) about two years ago, and I even got it signed(!), but I just haven’t picked it up yet and I’ve kind of lost interest. The sad thing is, I KNOW if I just start it, I’ll enjoy it, but I don’t have the motivation to. The other thing is, I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of it purely because a) it was a gift and b) it’s signed.
8. Grandma has gotten run over by a reindeer // Name a character death that you are still mad about.
*spoiler alert for Lord of Shadows by Cassie Clare*
My heart is still broken over the fact that Livvy died. I know that if she hadn’t, then the book wouldn’t have been as good as it was, but still. It was so tragic, because Livvy was so innocent and just hadn’t deserved to die, but it absolutely broke my heart.
9. Shops are overcrowded with shoppers for the holidays // Name a series with too many books, or that went on too long.
This one is really tricky, because I will always always ALWAYS harbor a special place in my heart for Rick Riordan’s books. That said, even I–a die-hard PJO fan–admit that the world of gods and monsters that Rick once created so uniquely is kind of overdone at this point. His new series (Not the Heroes of Olympus) all follow the same types of tropes with similar character archetypes, and although I understand that it is meant for a younger audience, I feel like it is a bit much.
10. The Grinch // Name a main character that you absolutely hate (not a villain).
I already kind of talked about him, but I’ve never hated a character who is not a villain with the passion that I hate Rowan with. I never warmed up to him; never thought he was as amazing as everyone made him to be, never shipped him with Aelin or any of that. Honestly, I wish he would die. (I am very aware of how controversial my opinions on him are).
Anyway, that’s it for this tag! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my ranting!
// // // // //
my social medias: // goodreads // studygram // tumblr // questions? contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org