Hey everyone! Today I wanted to write a blog post about something I’ve been meaning to do for a while: my signed books. Signed books are some of my favorite things. Regardless of if I met the author(s) or not, I will want that signed book. They’re kind of my fatal flaw, you could say. And so today, I am going to be talking to you all about part of my signed book collection. Without further ado, let’s begin!
I’m going to try to go in chronological order, but that probably won’t happen because I don’t remember everything.
The books in this list are of authors I didn’t meet, but bought their books anyway because they were signed. The next post will be about authors I met!
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan–this was my first signed copy ever. I actually DID get to see Rick Riordan, but because he doesn’t have signing lines, I didn’t actually “meet” him. Nonetheless, because this was my first signed copy, it has a lot of sentimental value for me and it was a HUGE deal that I had it (still kinda is) by such a popular author. (I got it in 7th grade.)
- I think the second signed copy I bought without meeting the author was Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I actually *still* haven’t read this book even though I bought it nearly two years ago on a whim, only because it was signed and looked pretty. (oops) Anyway, here are some photos:
- Next is The Heir by Kiera Cass–I bought this when it was first published in April 2015 (or was it May?) and if you don’t know, Target usually has a lot of signed copies so this was one of them where I was already going to buy the book but ended up buying it signed!
- Similar to The Heir, I bought P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han also from Target, and again it was coincidentally also signed! ❤ (Gotta love Target haha)
- Next I bought Queen of Shadows–once again from Target–signed! I was super happy that I got it signed because everyone knows how in demand Sarah J. Maas’ books are…
- Then, in 8th grade, I went to another Rick Riordan event and I was supplied with a copy of The Sword of Summer, signed, of course. 🙂
- And finally, perhaps my most exciting signed copy that I got where I didn’t meet the author, is Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I actually WON A GIVEAWAY and I was sent this as well as other awesome book merch from Molly’s Book Nook. I was going through a really hard time at that moment so it really helped me and it also became one of my favorite books. I still love this copy and it is so special ❤
I also have a couple other books that were sent to me, however, they’re kind of stashed away so I couldn’t take pics of them. (Which makes it a total of about 9 signed books I have without meeting the authors.)
Here’s a pic with all of the mentioned books:
Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed reading this! What I would recommend for finding signed books if authors don’t come to your areas is to keep your EYES OUT for promotions online. I know some indie bookstores have them, and you should also look out for Target’s books because they tend to have a lot of signed copies!
P.S…my next list should be even longer and more fun to read…;) I just calculated my total number of signed books and it’s around 30!! Some people don’t care much for signed books but I know I sure love collecting them.
What signed books do you own? Should I make a Part II? Hope you enjoyed this!
// // // // //