OH NO. AUGUST IS OVER. SEPTEMBER IS HERE. AND I LOOOVE SEPTEMBER, BUT SEPTEMBER = SCHOOL. *goes crazy*
what’s been happening in my [real] life?
As I said, August is the last month of my summer break and…it truly was bittersweet. I went to Busch Gardens with my family so that was a lot of fun, but besides that, I really didn’t do anything. I was mostly studying for school coming up, and then two days ago I learned my schedule and classes.
And I was absolutely, positively WRECKED. I got all three teachers that are infamous in my school for either being terrible teachers, or incredibly hard. I’m not going to lie, I cried for hours and I’m still quite depressed about it. I’m trying to suck it up and be brave, but I don’t want to have those teachers. I don’t WANT to not be able to blog, and lose sleep, and not read and yet STILL fail just because my teachers are terrible.
Basically, I’m super super nervous. I was a bit excited, in the tiniest way, for school to start but after hearing about my teachers…no. I asked for a schedule change and they denied it, so my best chances are to talk to my counselor who I am praying will help me out.
If anyone knows how to deal with hard teachers and to just let it go because I’m obsessing really badly, please let me know.
what’s been happening on my blog?
This was a pretty good blogging month, so here are all the posts:
- Wink Poppy Midnight: Why the Heck is Everyone So Annoying
- #ReadThemAllThon TBR Pile
- Narnia Book Tag
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
- Do I Give Five Stars Too Easily? Discussion on Ratings
- The Crown by Kiera Cass: Where’s the FLUFF????
- 2017 YA Book Releases!
- Books With Creep Factors & Why I Love ‘Em
- School Is Starting In A Week: Worries, Stresses, and a Rant
9 posts is pretty good for me–plus I scheduled a lot too!
what about bookish updates/wrap-ups?
I did read plenty comparing to how much I read during the school year, but I had hoped to read much more before school began. Nonetheless, here are the six books I read:
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan–Review to come, 3.75 stars.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard–Review to come, 5 stars!!
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes–Review scheduled–3.75 stars.
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh–4.5 stars.
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black–4.5 stars.
- Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White–3.75 stars, review scheduled.
My favorite was definitely Truthwitch! And I did enjoy all of these books, but I was let down by quite a few, as you can see by the 3.75 star ratings.
- Had a lot of free time, blogged a lot 🙂
- Reading Truthwitch!
- I can’t really find anything else because I was pretty happy the whole month but nothing extraordinarily great happened.
How did your August go? Has your school started? What are your tips for me to read and get good grades at the same time? Let me know!
// // // // //