Usually I’m waiting for the months to pass by–if it’s the school year–but right now, I want time to stop because minute by minute by summer break is slipping away. 😦 We’re going into August, and I just want time to kinda freeze. Anyways, here’s my wrap up for the month!
what’s been happening in my [real] life?
My school has been out for over a month now, and I am so so happy. I went to Turkey for three weeks because of my uncle’s wedding, and it was fun but also very stressful. You all probably already know about it, but after the coup and stuff, well…Turkey was in a really stressed mood. I’m glad to be back home in the US, though I did have some fun there! I sure ate a LOT of kebabs haha.
Because I didn’t have school, I obviously read and blogged much more than previous months, however still not as much as I would have liked. But its okay, since I was travelling and jetlagged so its understandable. Right now I’m pretty much not doing anything at home (its great though!) so I don’t really have much to write about.
what’s been happening on my blog?
I wrote a bunch of blog posts; some of which kind of flopped because no one saw them (I was really upset about it) and some others that actually attracted a lot of people. Here they are!
- Reading Wrap Up of 2016 // Some of my favorites!
- July TBR
- One of the most beautiful books ever: The Night Circus
- My Newest Obsession: And I Darken by Kiersten White
- What I Look For In Books
- My All Time Favorite Authors (Updated Part One)
So in total 7 posts including this one!
what about bookish updates/wrap-ups?
This month, I read 6 and ALMOST 7 books. I’m going to count it as seven because I have 50 pages of the book I am currently reading, Uprooted by Naomi Novik. It isn’t an overly huge number, but its really good for me considering I read at most three books per month during the school year.
- On Two Feet and Wings by Abbas Kazerooni (4 stars, no review will be coming)
- And I Darken by Kiersten White — ALL THE STARS. GUSH HERE.
- Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke — 2.5 ish stars. I wrote a review, I just have to post it on my blog so look out for that!
- The Crown by Kiera Cass — 3 stars. Review to come as well!
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury — 4 stars. I wrote a review for this one as well, just need to post it.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber — 4.5 ish stars (Review will be posted soon!)
Obviously, my favorite book was the only one I gave five stars (or all the stars) to: And I Darken by Kiersten White. Seriously. I can NOT stop gushing about this book. Please read it. ❤
I was also super excited to receive my first physical ARC that I especially requested: Caraval. I will post something about it soon, but it was REALLY good. It was so exciting to receive it in the mail. *teary-eyed*
- Reading And I Darken ❤
- Having all the time off, with no stress was definitely a huge plus for me.
- I can finally have time to draw! I’m not really a professional artist but I do love drawing occasionally, and now I finally have the time for that.
- Did I talk about And I Darken?
How did your months go? Hopefully you guys had lots of fun too! Let’s talk, please comment below!
// // // // //