Another month gone…whoosh! Suddenly, half the year has floated away…Before I begin, I’d just like to ask: does anyone actually read these posts? Or are they just there? I mean, I certainly enjoy writing them, but I rarely ever get feedback so I’m curious. Please let me know if I should continue writing these!
what’s been happening in my [real] life?
SCHOOL’S OUT. Most of the month was full with school and fasting, so it just passed by really quickly. Even though I was stressed, I think I learned to cope with all of the tests and finals and everything and I somehow…made it through. I can’t believe I did it. I finished my freshman year at the nation’s hardest high school. I JUST WANT TO SCREAM I DID IT EVERYWHERE!!! And I somehow made it out alive! With mostly As, only 2 Bs on my final report card. I am SO proud of my grades. Whereas in middle school I would lay around for all of my As, I worked my ass off for these grades.
And yea, they’re not as good as everyone else’s (my school is extremely competitive) but they’re such an improvement from the beginning of the year. Not only were my grades better, my whole morale was better which I think shows a direct correlation between how I do in school and my happiness. Also, I blogged more, and read more. ❤
As some of you may know, it was also Ramadan which made it…extra challenging. Somehow, though, I made it through most of Ramadan which was during school. (We have to fast from sunrise to sunset, which is like 16 hours here in Virginia.)
what’s been happening on my blog?
As I said, I blogged more this month, even though most of it was this week. (Since for two weeks during Finals I didn’t even open my laptop besides school related stuff.) Here are all the posts I wrote:
- Quite Possibly My Weirdest Review Ever: The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Sequels: Good and Bad (Discussion!)
- Things In Books I NEED More Of
- My Summer Aesthetic
- New York Times by the Book | Book Tag
- Summer Days and Summer Nights | Review
what about bookish updates/wrap-ups?
Even though I technically didn’t read a lot, I read much more than I usually do and it was a stress-less reading experience since school ended. So..I read three books this month, and LOVED two of them and was disappointed by one. Anyways, here are the books:
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (5 stars)–this was SO amazing. Even though I only got enough time to read it over the course of three weeks, I ended up loving it and I’ll for sure be talking more about it in future posts.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (5 stars)–I picked this up randomly, and ended up falling in love with it. I’m not sure which one I loved more, ACOMAF or this ❤ (A review will be posted on here shortly.)
- Summer Days and Summer Nights (3.5 stars)–disappointed, but still a fun read!
One exciting thing for me was that my dad bought me two books. I don’t know if you know, but my parents have always been not very welcoming about my extreme love for books. Especially my dad. Whenever he caught me reading books, he’d always say something, and he never appreciated the fact that I loved buying books either. But this month, he asked me which books I wanted and I swear I could have flown from happiness. Rather than the books I bought, it was the fact that he’s finally accepting my love for books and is willing to buy them. This was DEFINITELY a highlight for me. (I bought And I Darken by Kiersten White and Uprooted by Naomi Novik.)
- What I said above about my Dad ^-^
- The Night Circus and ACOMAF were both so so amazing.
- I’m just generally happier and less stressed as I said. Since school calmed down, I actually had time to myself which was amazing. Its really obvious, I think, how much school affects my mood. So far, this is the best month I’ve had in the year and I can only hope the rest of the year will be this way. 🙂
How did your months go? I hope they went as well as mine! Please please please talk with me! Love you guys ❤
// // // // //