Hey everyone! In order to get out of my slump, I was looking for posts to write and I came upon this. These are some bookish facts about me that I don’t think you guys knew about. Anyways, let’s get right into it!
- I generally don’t rate books really low not because I’m a terrible reviewer and I toss around 4 and 5 starred books all the time; but because I choose VERY carefully what to read. Now that I have only the time to read 2-3 books per month I make sure that the books I read I actually WANT to read and I also make sure they were given high ratings by people I trust. This is why I usually end up enjoying these books and give them pretty high ratings.
- I own around 100 books, and a few months ago I calculated how much money those many books are worth and I got about 850$.
- I am really burnt out of the dystopia genre. I used to love dystopia, but now I rarely ever read dystopias because they tend to be repetitive and boring.
- I spend a LOT of time writing blog posts; at least 30 minutes for each post and sometimes over an hour.
- I have never read a book in one sitting. I don’t know how people do it; honestly I envy you guys. The fastest I read a book is a few sittings, and now that rarely happens because I never get the time to. I think it’s because I’m not patient enough to sit and read nonstop for at least two hours. (Also I fall asleep HAHA.)
- It annoys me SO much when a non-reader starts reading a book only because it’s mainstream (like Divergent) and acts like a huge reader. NO! Just because you read one book that was super popular does not make you obsessed with books!
- What I mean by the above fact especially is that a lot of these people make fun of readers EXCEPT if they’ve read a book. Then it’s cool for them, and that annoys me so much.
- I have met/seen over A LOT of authors, including Rick Riordan (twice!), Sara Raasch, Kelly Fiore, Rachel Hawkins, Marie Rutkoski, Holly Black, Alexandra Bracken, April Genevieve Tucholke, Martina Boone, Lisa Maxwell, Tommy Wallach, Julie Murphy, Jessica Spotswood, and Lindsay Smith. (There are probably more but I’m forgetting them!)
I hope you guys like this post and leave a comment down below about a fact about YOU! I’d love to know!
// // // // //