I know. Valentine’s Day was two days ago. OBVIOUSLY. But I did not feel like writing up a blog post, and well, right now I do. So this post will be all about the cute, fluffy, romantic contemporaries that will warm your soul. ❤
- The Queen of Fluff: Stephanie Perkins. Even though I have never gotten the opportunity to read Isla and the Happily Ever After, I absolutely ADORED Anna and Lola. This lady sure knows how to write cute books, and I don’t know what you’ve been doing if this is the first time you’ve heard about Steph’s books.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh–this actually happens to be one of the only fantasy novels on this list, but it’s amazing. This book is not only so beautifully written, but it has a lush atmosphere and the magic entwines with the romance in such a swoon-worthy way. I HIGHLY recommend it! Plus, it’s diverse considering the fact that the characters are not white but Middle Eastern.
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson–when you guys see this cover, you’ll probably think it’s only romance. But it’s not, and actually, the romance is there but it is more about grief and growing to love yourself. Which is the reason why it is one of my favorite books. This won’t exactly warm your heart the entire time; it might even make you cry, but I couldn’t not add it here. Also, all of Morgan’s books are amazing!
- ALL of Kasie West’s books; both The Fill-In Boyfriend and The Distance Between Us. These books. These books are SOOOOO adorable. They’re easy to read, cute, but still have a moral behind them, specifically The Fill-In Boyfriend. I really loved them and I can’t wait to read more of Kasie West!
- This next one, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender…well this certainly IS a book about love. It is the entire premise. And even though it’s so heartbreaking, it warmed my heart because it is so meaningful and just beautiful. (It also has magical realism and GORGEOUS writing, and is one of my favorites!)
- The Winner’s Curse trilogy by Marie Rutkoski–this is the second series I’m mentioning that’s fantasy. The romance in these books are also amazing: the angst is perfect (if I say the angst is perfect then it is because I usually hate angst), and the slow-burning romance makes my heart hurt. I am so sad this series is ending next month!
- Jenny Han’s books, but specifically the To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before duology. GUYS THESE BOOKS ARE ADORABLE. They are literally cupcakes in book form: sweet, easy to eat, and just delicious. I devoured both of them and I highly recommend them! Jenny Han really knows how to write cute stuff. 🙂
- And last but not least, Huntley Fitzpatrick’s books, but specifically My Life Next Door. MLND was one of the first YA contemporaries I read and I absolutely fell in love with it. Not only is this a romance story, it’s a story of family which makes it all the more cuter. If you’re looking for a book to make you feel happy (and sad, at times) read MLND!
And that’s it for this list! What are some of YOUR favorite cute reads? PLEASE let me know because last year I read so many that I don’t have any to read! Thanks ❤