If you guys know me…just one bit…then you know that I hardcore LOVE some guys from books. I love them so so much that I would marry them on the spot. ❤ This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is a Valentine’s Day Freebie so this is what I decided to do! You can learn more about TTT here.
This list, is actually in a particular order. I love all these guys (because hot damn, who doesn’t?) but the last few are my favorite FAVORITES. Let’s begin! Just one note: there may be a couple other guys thrown in there as well 😉
10. Roman from My Heart and Other Black Holes–You guys know I love this book. And a huge huge huge reason is because Roman. Even though I don’t talk about him often, I love him so much. He also happens to be from my all time favorite contemporary, and the only contemporary character on this list. 🙂
9. All the guys from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, but specifically Captain Thorne. THORNE, BE MINE. PLEASE. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. HILARIOUS. SARCASTIC. I LOVE YOU. PLEASE.
8. Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor–this is another character that’s not so popular, and even though the last I read about him was a year and a half ago, he still remains in my heart because ❤
7. Wesley Ayers from The Archived–Wesley, you beautiful soul. Can someone please give me one? Seriously. I need a Wesley in my life.
6. Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn...for obvious reasons. Even though I read TWATD a little over a month ago, it has quickly made it to my favorites and AHHH KHALID. He’s just so quotable and perfect. (I feel like I keep repeating myself but all these guys are so swoon-worthy, I’m sorry. This post is so badly written because I am at the moment so sleepy and high on my love for these guys)
5. Any of The Raven Boys, but specifically Gansey. Poor, poor baby Gansey. I’m so scared that Maggie is going to kill him off, but I think it’s going to happen and it breaks my heart. I find Gansey so realistically perfect: he’s nerdy, and cute, and just for me. Poor baby omg. 😥
4. Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Yes, I read this less than a month ago. Yes, Kaz has managed to make his way up my list. I just love him, okay? I find him such a complex and intriguing character, of course I fell for him. What did you expect?
3. Dorian Havilliard and/or Sam Cortland from the Throne of Glass series. I know, I know. Sam doesn’t count. And Dorian isn’t even in a relationship with Celaena. But you know what? I don’t like Rowan. Especially as Celaena’s love interest, and I’ve always loved Dorian. And if Celaena doesn’t choose him…well, I will. 🙂
And now down to my top two, who I basically categorize the same way, only my first one is just 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 ahead of the other, which I will explain why.
2. William Owen Herondale, from The Infernal Devices. Look, I seriously love Will with all my heart. Whenever I read about him, my heart hurts because of the fact that I can’t have him. He’s my ideal YA male character: strong, sarcastic, broken but beautiful, loves reading…Don’t get me wrong: I ADORE Jem too. But with Will…my love for him is so special.
And finally, one you’ve probably all been expecting:
- Percy Jackson, from The Lightning Thief. Let me tell a quick story that I’ve told before but love repeating: once upon a time, when I was in third grade, my dad took me to the bookstore to buy Harry Potter. But Harry Potter was out of stock, so the lady there told us to be Percy Jackson. From the moment I opened my Percy Jackson book, six years ago, I fell in love with everything. And specifically: Percy. Percy and I have been in a relationship since I was in third grade, and NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE HIM OKAY? (Jk. But at the same time I’m serious, haha) No matter how many characters I read about, no matter how many books I fall in love with, Percy Jackson will top them all. Percy Jackson has affected my life in a way I cannot explain, and that is why he will forever hold this spot. Even though I love Will Herondale.
And that’s the end of this post! I know it was really badly written, and I apologize for that: I’m really tired and I can’t form complete sentences. But tell me: who are YOUR favorite love interests?