Wow…It’s 2016! (It has been for over 3 days now, haha.) This year, I have a lot of New Year’s Resolutions that I hope to keep. Lately I’ve gotten into studyblr, a community on tumblr that promotes and motivates studying. There I created a lot of resolutions and so I decided to talk about them on here! 🙂
The first part of these resolutions will be bookish ones, and the next part will be personal/academic goals I hope to reach. Also, a post about a wrap-up of 2015 will be coming soon!
- First and foremost: my Goodreads challenge, or the number of books I want to read this year! So…if you’ve been here for at least a month, you probably know that my new school eats up all my time and that I read only 6 books in the span of three months because of this reason.
Due to this (sad, sad) fact, my goal for this year is to read 35 books. I know, it’s a sad number. But 35 books a year means about 3 books a month. And hey–that’s good for me! If I can read 3 books a month, I’ll be happy.
- My next bookish resolution is to review almost every book I read. I think I’ll be able to do this, since I’m not reading much, and I love love love reviewing books. I adore sharing all of my thoughts with you guys, and getting your feedback on books as well. If you’d like to see all the reviews I’ve written so far, click here! (I just updated it, so I think all my reviews should be there!)
- Then, I want to read all of the books on my 2016 bucket list. You can look at the books here, but I’ll be writing a post about it soon!
- Reach 500 WordPress followers. I know, numbers don’t matter. And this isn’t really a solid goal. I would just love it if I did reach 500 followers by 2017, though! 🙂
- Finally, another goal is to receive a book/ARC that I requested from a publisher. I’M ALMOST THERE. A few weeks ago I received The Art of Not Breathing in the mail, and I also sent out an email to a publisher requesting an arc. Fingers crossed, I’ll get it. ❤ ❤ ❤
My number one goal of this year, as cheesy as it sounds, is to be a better person. Yes, this sounds really vague, but I do have smaller resolutions + a plan to get me there.
- Spend more time with my family rather than…online.
This is actually really, really hard for me. Obviously, I’m very attached to my blog and my bookstagram and to YOU GUYS <3, but a personal goal of mine is to still continue on with everything but be more active in, you know, real life. My mom constantly complains about my “aloofness” (my blog name, haha) and I feel bad. I need to spend more time with my family.
- Help my mom around the house.
Lately I’ve been feeling very guilty about not helping my mom enough. Since I’m always studying or at school, she does all the house work and I want to make her happy and less stressed by helping around the house.
- Play my violin everyday
I started playing the violin again, and I want to continue on and get better. But I can only do this if I practice everyday! (Which is really hard sometimes, because I just can’t find the time!)
- Religious goals
I’ve also felt that lately I’ve been letting down my religious goals, like praying 5 times everyday, etc. I hope to change that.
As I mentioned before, studyblr has been helping me a lot academically, and so I set these goals for myself because they are really really important.
- Time Management.
Even though I’ve gotten better, compared to when I first started high school in September, I still have to work on my time management. I want to take away my phone so I don’t get distracted by it so that I can finish all of my homework on time and get more sleep. (THIS IS VITAL!!!)
Again, with studyblr, I’m using my bullet journal everyday and I want to continue to do so, because it helps me relax and organize my thoughts. (This is an amazing post about bullet-journalling)
- Be Fit & Join Track
This isn’t exactly an academic goal, but I want to be much fitter. I’m comfortable with how my body looks, but I’m…super skinny. I look so weak as if I’m being starved, and my face always sinks in when I don’t get enough sleep. This is why I want to join track, because I want to do a sport to get fit. I also think joining track will help with my time management so that I don’t procrastinate as much.
- Get Straight A’s By The Last Quarter of 9th Grade
Getting straight A’s in my school…is hard, to say the least. At least it is for me. Last quarter I had a C, two Bs, and the rest were As. Even if I don’t get straight A’s every quarter, I hope to do so by the end of the school year. (I’m not even thinking of sophomore year yet.)
And…those are all my resolutions for the year! I know this was a HUGE post, so if you read it please tell me. ❤ What are some of your resolutions for 2016?