Yes! I finally did a Q&A! These are the questions that beautiful people on my bookstagram asked me. So without further ado, here are the questions! Hmm..this questions is really hard. But I’m going to do something different and not say Percy Jackson. (I know, shocker!) I would recommend The Infernal Devices because it’s just so perfect…and ahh…but seriously. Are you a teen (or an adult!) looking for a great read with great characters and a beautiful plot? THEN READ THIS SERIES. (Of course this series is for those who are older than 12) SHIKHA WHY?! This is so hard! That’s why I’m going to cheat and say five books…whoops. (PS a post about all my favorite books of the year will be coming soon!)
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga (if you know me I’m obsessed with this book)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Or any other book by her actually. 🙂
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab
- Cress by Marissa Meyer (I’m actually currently reading Winter!)
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
So I’m not going to choose a character I’m attracted to (because you all know which two characters that would be) but rather someone I would want as a friend: Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Not only is she an amazing friend, she’s hilarious and so cute. We could scheme plots and talk about adorable guys… 😉 Ooh…luckily most of the books I read this year I enjoyed at least a bit, and I didn’t give a book less than two stars. The books that I did give two stars, though, were The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury and Half Bad by Sally Green. The first one because I hated the main character and I just thought it was stupid; and Half Bad because it didn’t meet my expectations and I also thought it was…half bad. (Sorry I had to do that!) But if you want to hear my full thoughts on these books, I have reviews for both which you can check out on Goodreads or in my Review Archives! Correct me if I’m wrong, but tater tots are hash browns right? And I like hash browns, so—yes! I do like tater tots! 🙂
Hmm…let’s go with the book The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West. And the part I remember is when Gia watches the video her brother makes about social media and she’s really affected by it. (I was also affected a lot by it; and I thought it made this book not only super cute but also really meaningful.) ❤ I really recommend it!
I actually don’t exactly remember what the first book I bought myself was…but I specifically remember buying Clockwork Angel and it’s one of the first books I bought, so let’s go with that. 😊
And the reason I started a bookstagram is because I love reading (obvi) and also I was inspired by @faeread.s on Instagram’s old account, @bestest.books . (I’ll explain that in more detail some other time) As for this blog, I just wanted a platform to post more of my rambles!
- Nope, don’t have a middle name! My name is actually two names in Turkish: Sila and Nur. Nur is commonly added behind any short girl name, so instead of a middle name I just have a longer name! (But I hate it when people call me Sila because that’s not me! Silanur is ME. ITS COMBINED PEOPLE.)
- Favorite genre: fantasy, of course!
- Favorite food: any Turkish food, haha. (ps search ‘adana kebabi’ online—ITS SO DELICIOUS)
- OF COURSE I LIKE CHOCOLATE 😍
- Right now I don’t really have a celebrity crush..but before Divergent movie was released and after (for like a year) I was a bit obsessed with Theo James 😏
- MY MOM’S SMOOTHIES.
- I already half answered this question, so here’s a list of some books/series: Legend by Marie Lu, any Cassie Clare, Rick Riordan, or JK Rowling book. 🙂
- Hm..so I LOVE psychological thrillers, and my favorite is Shutter Island, but I also ADORE The 6th Sense and of course Psycho (I know its a classic but I just love any movie with a good plot twist.) I also really love animated movies, and recently one of my favorites are Home and Inside Out. ☺️
- Okay, I LOVE both. But if I had to choose one, it would be coffee. I love love love any coffee drink, coffee ice cream… ❤️
And now the last question…
GIRL I AM EXCITED FOR SO many books! That’s why I’m narrowing it down to my top five, which are: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, ACOTAR 2, The Last Star, and The Young Elites 3. Believe me when I say there are WAYYYY more. If yoy want to see a looooong list of books, I have a post of 2016 YA releases…and those aren’t even updated so there are even more… 😏
And that’s it for this post! Thank you to everyone who asked questions, this was so much fun to do!