Confession: I have a lot of books on my TBR. When I mean a lot, I mean over 180 books.
(If you’d like to see the full list, check out my Goodreads!)
And…let’s be honest. I’m never going to have enough time to finish all of these books. A lot of them…have been on my TBR for over two years now and I’m not even sure I want to read them. So today I decided to list the series that I’m not sure I will finish, or even try, so I’m asking you guys. Most of these books I actually REALLY enjoyed, it’s just that I’m not so interested anymore.
BUT: if you guys tell me I should read them, I still might! So let me know. A few weeks later I will delete them from my TBRs forever, unless I feel like I should read them.
- The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken–this is one I’m really not sure and I feel guilty about. I read TDM over a year ago and really enjoyed it, directly buying Never Fade afterwards. However, now that so much time has passed, I don’t feel like finishing this trilogy and I know the books are really slow…I just don’t know. What’s a bummer is that I spent money on NF and I probably won’t finish the series. 😦
- The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout..Okay. Please don’t get me wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE White Hot Kiss, the first book in this series. It’s one of my all time favorites; I love Roth. I also really enjoyed Stone Cold Touch. However, lately I’ve realized that I don’t really enjoy reading JLA’s books as much as I used to. And since I don’t really have the time to read so much, I don’t know if I’m going to read Every Last Breath. I’ve also heard some mixed reviews about it…BUT THIS IS NOT FINAL. I STILL MIGHT FINISH THIS SERIES. I just don’t know when because at this point I don’t love it as much as I used to.
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower–I know this is a very hyped book, but I just don’t like books that are written in letters…and I don’t know if this book is for me. Again, I might read it but I feel like I wouldn’t like it so much and also Allison from curseworker on Instagram didn’t like it either and we usually like the same books…
- Jackaby by William Ritter–I bought this book on a whim about a year ago, and now I’m kind of regretting spending my money on it because I don’t think I’ll ever read it. Makes me sad 😦 I’m just not interesting anymore.
- The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa–ALLISON I KNOW YOU LOVE THIS SERIES BUT I JUST DON’T KNOW IF I’M INTERESTED ANYMORE. I really enjoyed The Iron King when I first read it at the beginning of the year, but I’m not interested, as usual…
- The Program series by Suzanne Young–when I first read The Program over the summer, I loved it. And I still really like it. It’s just that, once again, these books don’t really seem up my ally anymore and I doubt I will read them, despite the fact that I really liked The Program.
- Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout–as with JLA’s other books, I just don’t feel the love that I used to for her books. I might try to read Half Blood, if I’m in the mood for her, but I highly doubt it although once upon a time I was so pumped to read this series…:P
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs--I didn’t love MPHFPC so much when I read it over a year ago, and so I don’t think I’ll be picking the rest of the series up either…
- Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi–I LOVED this book when I read it over the summer..but now I don’t know if I’m going to pick up the rest of the series. Maybe. I’m not sure though.
- Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard–I read Red Queen when it first came out, and thought I loved it. But as the months pass by, I realize that I didn’t actually love it so much and that it was really overhyped. I still might read Glass Sword, but I have so many other good books to read I don’t know when I’ll get to it.
And that’s the end of this list! So tell me: should I read these books or not? If you guys still recommend I continue on with some of these, I might. It all depends on my mood, but as of now I’m just not feeling any of them.