Ready. Set. Go.
Let’s make this the fastest post I’ve ever written. (I’ve no time in my hands!) If you didn’t know, Top Ten Tuesday is an AWESOME weekly meme (it’s my favorite) created by the Broke and Bookish. You can learn more about it here!
This week’s topic is Top Ten New To Me Favorite Authors of this year! The first ones on this list are authors I’ve only read one book from, but the rest I’ve read more! (This first list is in no particular order)
- David Arnold, author of Mosquitoland! If you didn’t know, Mosquitoland is David’s first novel and it was wonderful. So much fun! So of course he’s on this list, and I can’t wait to read future books by him. 🙂
- Sabaa Tahir, author of An Ember In The Ashes!! I thought AEITA was absolutely amazing, and once again I cannot wait to read Sabaa’s sequel. I just hope it’s amazing as the first!
- Jasmine Warga, the author of My Heart and Other Black Holes–which…I think is now my all time favorite contemporary book. I know I was saying before All The Bright Places and Amy and Roger’s Epic Detours are also my all time favorites, but I’m constantly thinking about this book (and blogging about it, too) so I just love it a bit more than the others…:’)
- Leslye Walton, author of The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender–which I don’t talk about too often, but it’s another one of my favorites with the most beautiful writing. ITS SAH GOOD and I bet her second novel is going to be just as amazing. I just need more information about it!
- And of course, Jennifer Niven, author of All The Bright Places! I LOVE ATBP, and I even MET Jennifer, so I can tell you she is SUPER NICE. ❤ Love her!
Now moving onto the second half of authors, whom I’ve read over one book of. This section is in order, counting down to first. So the author in first place is my favorite new to me author of the year!!
5. Kasie West‘s contemporaries are the cutest, fluffiest, just BEST things ever. I’ve read The Distance Between us and The Fill-In Boyfriend by her and loved both of them so much ❤ Highly recommend!
6. Morgan Matson‘s contemporaries are also so good. My favorite is Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, which is one of my all time favorites. Not only are they super cute, but they’re also really emotional and dear to my heart. I’ve read all of her books and none of disappointed me, can’t wait for The Unexpected Everything!
Okay so…I..couldn’t choose between these three authors. I just love all of their books so much, and so all of them are on here in no order!
- Marissa Meyer, author of The Lunar Chronicles. When I first read Cinder, I knew I would like it but to be honest I did not expect to LOVE it. Which happened. I’m actually currently reading Winter, and all I can say is that Marissa is an amazing author (just like all of these authors) and she’s easily made it onto my all time favorite authors list. 🙂
- Victoria Schwab, author of The Archived. I’ve read The Archived and The Unbound by her, which are two of my favorites as well and I just can’t help myself. I HAD to put her on here! I know I haven’t yet read her adult books (which I REALLLLLY want to) but gahh, love her books so much! ❤
and last but not least,
- Maggie Stiefvater, author of The Raven Cycle, queen of sarcasm and snark. I’m serious. Maggie is awesome. Even if you don’t read her books (which I highly recommend you do because The Raven Cycle series is amazing), you can tell how wonderful she is just by glancing at her tumblr blog. She’s hilarious OMG I LOVE HER ❤ AND NOAH ❤ AND GANSEY ❤ AND RONAN ❤ AND BLUE ❤
and I feel so ashamed I need to read the Shiver trilogy nooooo
And that’s my list of favorite new to me authors! Who are your favorite new to me authors of this year? Let me know in the comments!