HIIIIIII!! Today I want to quickly write this “November Review” because I’ve been doing this for the past four months and I’ve come to realize that it relaxes me talking about my life; and I hope you guys still read my non-bookish posts! You can read my previous months’ reviews for August , September, and October. (Also: am I the only one who doesn’t like this new WordPress update? It’s so annoying! I can’t even link something directly from my blog anymore! Any help?)
what’s been happening in my [real] life?
School. I know, I’ve literally been complaining about school in each and every one of my posts, but oh well. It’s the truth. Barely anything fun happened this month! I failed two biology tests…(which makes me really sad because biology is supposed to be my GOOD subject) and I once again read only two books. I guess, to keep it positive, I did get into “studyblr”–which is basically a studying platform on Tumblr which is helping me be more motivated. I’m trying to start a bullet journal and will hopefully do so once 2016 starts, to help me with my organization! 🙂
Although there were a lot of breaks in November, for some reason I just haven’t been motivated to pick any books up. This is the reason why I still haven’t read Winter…SOMEONE MOTIVATE ME. PLEASE. I think it’s just because I actually want to READ it. I don’t want to start it, read two pages then put it down because I have homework. That just sucks.
As I mentioned, November was a hard month for me. I’ve been especially unmotivated, I feel like I’m going to drop out of my school because I’m not smart enough. I cried. A lot.
I honestly don’t know how to motivate myself because it’s killing me inside. I may smile and seem happy (everyone except for my family thinks I’m always happy) but I’m truly not.
BUT–a few days ago I went to a book signing where I met Martina Boone, the author of Compulsion! I haven’t yet read Compulsion, but I will post pictures of it and will hopefully read it soon when I have the time. The bookshop I went to was beautiful; which I talked about on my bookstagram, and will talk more about later. 🙂
what’s been happening on my blog?
This month has been *slightly* better in terms of posting; as last month I posted every two weeks or so. Here are all of the posts; which you can just click on to see!
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer–Review!
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold — Review & Discussion
- Top 5 Books I WILL Read By The End of The Year
- Seasons of Book Blogging Tag
what about bookish updates/wrap-ups?
November was a…not so exciting bookish month. Besides meeting Martina Boone (who was super sweet by the way!), I only read two books and bought two books. The two books I bought were:
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- Compulsion by Martina Boone
HOWEVER, the story of me buying Winter really made my day and I will talk about it in my highlights. It was definitely one of the best moments of November for me.
The books I read were:
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer (5 stars–review here)
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (3.75 stars–review to come)
As of right now, the two things that I remember that made me really happy were;
- When I went to buy Winter, at Barnes & Noble’s, my money came about 50 cents short. I told the lady at the cashier that I would be right back, but when I was leaving a man behind me said, “Ma’am, here you go,” and handed me a dollar bill. Thus I was able to pay for my book. I know this was a smile act but it made me so happy; and I will always remember the man’s kindness whenever I see Winter. ❤ (I was so happy that I directly posted about this everywhere)
2. On Saturday, when I went to go see Martina Boone, which was so much fun, I went to One More Page books. One More Page is a local bookstore in Arlington/Northern Virginia. I had wanted to visit it before, and I finally got the opportunity and fell in love with it! It was such a cute, cozy bookshop with really nice staff members. Going there and meeting Martina Boone made it up my list. I will definitely be visiting One More Page in the future!
And that’s the end of this post! What were your best moments of this month? Any motivational words for me 😉 ? (I would actually really appreciate it) Please let me know if these posts interest you, as I always think that they may be a bit boring!