I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love my local library. Unlike a lot of book lovers, I don’t have enough money to buy every book I want to read, so I tend to check out a lot of books from my library. That’s why I decided to do this tag! I saw it over at Books Over People‘s blog, which you should totally check out!
1. How often do you visit your local library?
This really depends on if I need to visit my local library, but I go at least once a week, or more if I need to check out certain books that I want to read.
2. Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you know you can read or are you someone who only checks out the exact amount of books you intend on reading before they are due?
I’m actually the type of person who checks out many books at a time, even if I know I’m not going to read them. I actually sometimes check out books not for reading, but solely for the purpose of taking pictures of them so that I can post them on my bookstagram. 🙂 Usually if I check out three books, I only end up reading one of them.
3. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I actually don’t remember, since I got it at a really early age! But I’m guessing when I was in second or third grade.
4. Do you go to your library looking for a particular book or do you check out anything that peaks your interest?
Most of the time, when I visit my library, I come to pick up my holds. I’m not sure if every library system has it, but for mine you can hold the books that you want and when they are available, they bring it to your library. So I usually come for a specific book that I know will be there.
5. Do you use your library to check out just books or do you also check out dvds, audiobooks etc.?
Nope! I’ve never used my library to check out things other then books.
6. From what section of your library do you check out a majority of your books? ( YA, middle grade, adult, nonfiction).
Obviously, I spend most of my time–if not all–at the YA section just because I don’t have any other genres that peak my interest other then that. If I do go to other sections, its probably because I need something specific I need; like a non-fiction book for an essay or report.
7. What is your favorite part of using your local library?
I’m going to copy what Safa over at Books Over People said and say that I just generally love how libraries feel. Like any place that has books, it’s like heaven for me and the moment I enter, I want to stay there forever.
// // // // //
what about YOU? do you use your local library, or do you just buy all of the books you want to read? If you are a book lover who loves your local library, then I tag YOU to do this! ❤
// // // // //
some other book tags: