Okay…I think that we can all agree that I am terrible, absolutely TERRIBLE at keeping track of everything that I’m nominated for. So today I will be doing The Sunshine Blogger Award, which I was tagged to do by the wonderful Becca at BeccaAndBooks! You can see her post here! (Shameful fact: I was tagged to do this about a month ago and I’m only getting to it now.)
Becca asked me 11 questions which I will answer, then I will ask 11 questions to my nominees! Here we go!
1. What book do you recommend to the non-readers?
Hmmm..so I can go with a cliche answer and say Harry Potter or Percy Jackson or something, but I’m going to choose a different book: Legend by Marie Lu. The Legend trilogy is one of my favorites, and I think non-readers will enjoy it as well; boys and girls alike. It has everything: dual perspectives, action, romance, plot twists, and its easy to get through!
2. Favorite ethnic food?
If you didn’t know, I’m Turkish! So obviously, I’m going to choose Turkish foods…well, I can’t choose only one but here are some of my favorites: Adana Kebab (if you didn’t know, kebab is originally from Adana, Turkey!) , Manti, and Sarma (stuffed grape leaves) Let me show you some pictures so your mouths can water–be sure that if you ever visit Turkey to eat these foods!
3. Describe your dream reading room/nook/place.
Rather than a specific place that I would love to read, I’m going to cheat for this question and say that I would just want a forever comfortable reading position. I can never, ever find one so it would be heaven if I had a comfy position to read!
4. How many books do you have?
I’m actually not that sure about this question…I need to keep track, but I think I have around 65-70 books! 🙂
5. You can only keep 3 of the books you own. Which do you choose?
DAMN BECCA WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THIS?! Okay so I think I own around 7 signed books and I’d like to save those, but I need to choose. So, I would first save my signed copy of The House of Hades (I didn’t meet Rick but went to an event and it has a lot of sentimental value). Then I would save one of my all time favorites, All The Bright Places, which is signed and personalized by Jennifer Niven when I met her at the Nova Teen Book Festival. Finally, I would save Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins which is another one of my favorites and its also signed and personalized! (I would have saved one of my Marie Rutkoski books because those are also signed but I had to choose 😦 )
6. What would the Sorting hat choose for you?
Erm, I don’t know–I just started reading Harry Potter for the first time a few months back (I love it!). But I think I would be a Ravenclaw!
7. What’s the best beverage and snack to drink and eat while reading.
I don’t eat (maybe drink water?) while reading because it distracts me and I’m also afraid that I will spill something on my books!
8. Hobbies beside blogging and reading?
Photography! I love taking pictures, especially of books! (Check out my bookstagram here!)
9. Attach your favorite bookish decor item.
10. If you could have a bookish superpower, what would you want it to be?
Well, ever since I read The Lost Hero in fourth grade, I’ve wanted to have the ability to Charmspeak–or convince everyone to do whatever you want. Life would be SO much easier, don’t you think?
11. What’s your 2015 Reading Challenge and how much of it have you completed?
My reading challenge for this year was 75 books, and I completed and surpassed it! Right now my book count for this year is 83 books.
Those are all of Becca’s questions! Now onto the questions I’m going to ask:
- What are your favorite reads of 2015 so far?
- Where are you from?
- What are your favorite movie(s)?
- Do you watch booktube? If so, who are your favorite booktubers?
- When did you start blogging, and how did you decide to blog?
- Do you have any bookish pet peeves? If so, what?
- What are your favorite foods and desserts?
- What book would you recommend to fantasy lovers? (Please don’t choose something everyone already knows about like Throne of Glass or Harry Potter)
- Can you speak any other languages?
- When is your birthday?
- Which books would you want for your birthday? (I know I’m totally random but just go with it.)
I nominate all of you beautiful people:
- Taylor at Bibliophile Gathering
- Syc at The Lit Mermaid
- The girls over at The Overflowing Shelf
- Britt at Books By Britt
- Alexandra at Twirling Pages
- Cari at My Addiction: Books
ALSO YOU!! And sorry if you already did this, then you can just ignore your nomination. 🙂
// // // // //
some other posts: