Hey guys! I’ve seen this around other blogs and I’ve been wanting to do it for a few months now, and I decided to finally do it. From now on, hopefully I’ll post a summary of my month on here, and it will include both bookish and non-bookish, more personal stuff.
what’s been happening in my [real] life?
August was a very busy month for me, because I was traveling. I was in Turkey until the 20th, and I stayed at Istanbul, Cappadocia, Adana, and Mersin. (My relatives are in Istanbul and Mersin so we go to visit each year.) If you asked me what I did most there, I ate a lot of food. When I mean a lot, I mean a lot. Since I’d already been to Istanbul, Adana, and Mersin, there wasn’t anything special for me to see there, but I LOVED Cappadocia. It was so beautiful. See?
Then, after I came back from Turkey, a few days later I left to New York. Every year as a family we usually go to NYC, so that’s where I was until yesterday. My favorite part of NYC was walking to the H U G E Barnes & Noble’s in Union Square. It was heaven. As I posted on my Instagram, my BN is actually not that small but this one was four floors and one floor was almost all YA. I fell in love guys. ❤ You have to go there if you visit NYC. I wanted to go to some other bookstores but I didn’t have the time 😦
A week later my school starts, and I’ll be going to high school! I know I’m really young compared to the other people blogging, but I’m really nervous. The school I’m going to is a math and science based school and its supposed to be really hard and competitive. But most importantly, what I’m nervous about is the fact that I won’t know anyone there. I’ll be leaving behind all of my friends, who were basically like my brothers and sisters, whom I’ve known for over seven years.
what’s been happening on my blog?
In August I’ve written 12 posts, 13 including this one, though a lot of them were pre-written because I was traveling. But I guess its a pretty good number, and I’ll be happy if I can keep it up in the future! Here they are, in chronological order. You can click on each of them to be led to their pages:
- Kind of Late July Wrap-up
- Top Ten Fairytales I’ve Read/Want To Read
- Half Bad by Sally Green | Spoiler-free Review and Discussion
- The Reader Problems Book Tag
- Top Ten Authors I’ve Read the Most Books From
- The Sick Book Tag
- You Know a Book is Good When…
- 2016 YA Book Releases That I’m Looking Forward To!
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon | Spoiler-free ARC Review!
- Mini Review of The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
- The Sunshine Blogger Award
what about bookish updates/wrap-ups?
This month I bought 2 books–since I was traveling I couldn’t buy anything, but I’m saving money so its fine–and read 8 books. Here are the books that I read:
- Half Bad by Sally Green (2.5 stars) review is here
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone (5 stars)
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (4.25 stars) review to come
- Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher (3.75-4 stars) review to come
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (5 stars)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (5 stars)
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey (4 stars) review is here
- Cress by Marissa Meyer (5 stars)
August didn’t have many releases that I was super excited about, but I am looking forward to reading these two in the future:
- The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick (released August 18th)
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (released August 27th? Not so sure if this one was actually released worldwide)
My favorite personal life highlight probably has to be visiting Cappadocia, just because I was mesmerized by the beauty of it all. But I also really enjoyed traveling with my family, though it is really hard at times. OH, and going to the HUGE Barnes & Noble’s! I just loved it so much ❤
As for my favorite book of the month, firstly I would choose Cress (which is now an all time favorite of mine) but directly after that, Harry Potter (the books that I read) and Every Last Word.
what were YOUR favorites of this month? do you like this new feature on my blog? please let me know!!
// // // // //
some other posts: