Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. You can learn more about it here! Today’s TTT is “Top Ten Authors I’ve Read the Most Books From.” So without further ado, here is my list of most read authors! Note: I am pre-writing this blog post 17 days before, so this list may change until I post it. Also, the order of these books follows most-to-least read authors.
Another note! I am only including the authors that I am interested in reading in the future; what I mean by this is that of course I’ve read more books by other authors but I don’t feel like adding them. (For example, a few years back I was obsessed with Wendy Mass and Carolyn Hennesy so I added all of their books on Goodreads, but I am not counting their books on this list.)
1. My most read author that I can keep track of is…Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series as well as the Heroes of Olympus series! I’ve read every single one of his books that are out (except for Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods) and Goodreads says I read 17 of his books! SEVEN-FREAKING-TEEN!
2. Then we have none other than Cassandra Clare! Cassie’s obviously another one of my favorite authors and I have read all of her books that are out except some of the short stories. And duh, I’m a big fan of her. (I mean she’s the one who created Will Herondale) —I’ve read 9 of her books.
3. Next we have Jennifer L. Armentrout, whom I’ve read 7 books and counting of! (At the moment, July 24th 2015, I’m reading Don’t Look Back so including that 8 books.) I absolutely adore all of her books; fast-paced, funny, steamy, and all in all awesome.
4. Sarah J. Maas, (5 books, which are all of her books that she has published at the moment) I CAN’T WAIT UNTIL THE NUMBER OF BOOKS I’VE READ BY HER INCREASES BECAUSE ALL OF HER BOOKS ARE FANTASTIC.
**These next few authors I’ve read the same amount of books from: four**
5. Richelle Mead–I’ve read the first four books in her Vampire Academy series. I want to finish the rest of them but they are so big and intimidating! (But I hopefully will by the end of the year)
6. Scott Westerfeld–back when I was just getting into the genre of YA, and The Hunger Games & Divergent weren’t that popular, I read the Uglies series and I was hooked. I absolutely adored everything about them, and I binge read all of them. (So four books in total again)
7. Next we have one of the only contemporary author on this list, Miss Jenny Han! So far I’ve read four of her books as well, which are Shug (I read this before I was into YA), Burn for Burn (which she co-wrote with Siobhan Vivian), To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, and P.S I Still Love You.
8. Kiera Cass–I’ve read all of the books she has published so far, or her Selection series. And although they are my guilty pleasure reads, *whispers* I still love them so much. ❤ (Four books)
9. Becca Fitzpatrick–author of the Hush Hush series which I read before I was into reading and loved. I know there’s a lot of bad reviews surrounding this series, but I loved them nonetheless. (Four books)
10. Gayle Forman–whom I’ve read 4 books from: If I Stay, I Was Here, Just One Day, and Just One Year. I have very mixed feelings about Gayle’s books–either I really loved them or I hated them. (I hate If I Stay; I really don’t understand the hype for it, Just One Year & I Was Here were okay/meh, but I LOVED Just One Day)
And that’s my list of Top Ten Authors I’ve Read the Most Books From! I would have included Veronica Roth, but I decided not to because one of the four books is not really a book, it’s a collection of stories about Four. If you’d like to see a full list of authors I’ve read the most books from, you can click here!
Note: a lot of these authors are my favorite authors, but this does not necessarily mean all of them are. If you would like to see a list of my FAVORITE authors, you can click here.
Who are some of your most-read authors? Let me know! 🙂
// // // // //
some other top ten tuesday posts: