Hello everyone! I know I’m kind of late to write this post–its August 2nd right now–but since I’m traveling I didn’t have Internet and so I’m writing my wrap up right now. So here are the books I read last month, in chronological order!
Note: normally I link the book to the Goodreads page, but right now I do not have the time so sorry about that!
1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell–5 stars. I loved this, though it broke my heart and I’m pretty sure I’m one of the last people to read this. Definitely deserves the hype.
2. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo–4.5ish stars. (Something between 4.25 to 4.5) I really enjoyed this one, and I’m so happy that I finally read it! You can find my full review here. One section is spoiler free, and the other has spoilers.
3. Paper Towns by John Green–4 stars. I know, I know. I’m super late to reading this. But the reason why is because I never planned on reading it. I only started it because I couldn’t fall asleep, and since the movie was coming out I decided to hop on the bandwagon. Since I didn’t expect to like it at all, I was really pleasantly surprised because I enjoyed it more than TFIOS!
4. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi–5 stars! I was really nervous getting into this book–I didn’t think I would really like it–but I ended up looooooving it! Everything about it–the characters, the romance, the plot, the world, it was all perfect for me. It’s easily the best dystopian book I read this year. If I couldn’t convince you to read this yet, you can read my spoiler free review here!
5. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge–4.25/4.5 stars. This was a really good Beauty and The Beast retelling–there were so many twists and turns and all in all I enjoyed it a lot. You can read my review here!
6. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson–5 stars. Before I say anything, let me just tell you that Mortan Matson is an amazing contemporary author, so of course I loved this book as well. You can read my spoiler-free review here!
7. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon–4.5 stars! This book is not out yet, but I was provided an e-ARC by NetGalley. It releases on September 1st, but in the meanwhile, you should look out for this one! It was a really cute, unique story, and my review will be up in the next few weeks.
8. The Unbound by Victoria Schwab–5 stars! This was soosososososososososo good! I can’t believe I put off reading it for so long because it was brilliant. If you haven’t checked this series out yet, I highly recommend you do. You won’t regrett it.
So in total, I read 8 books this month, but I was also currently reading two others: Don’t Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout and The Catcher In The Rye by JD Salinger. Hopefully I’ll finish those two this month!
If I had to choose my favorite reads of this month, they would be Under The Never Sky and The Unbound–they might even go on my list of favorite reads of this year! Anyways, that’s my wrapup for last month! I might post a TBR for August later, but I’m not sure yet. Which books were your favorites of last month? Let me know down below!
// // // // //