Hey guys! Today I am doing the ‘Secret Life of a Blogger Tag’ . I wasn’t specifically tagged by anybody, but I’ve realized that I love doing tags on here and when I saw this on Erika’s blog, I decided to do it too!
Basically, this tag just has a bunch of questions about being a blogger and why you are one! Let’s begin.
1. How long have you been a blogger?
I’m so forgetful that is why I had to check my first blog post to write my answer for this one…but I made my first blog post February 17, 2015–five months ago. So I’m not really a long time blogger; as some people have been blogging for years. You can look at what I wrote in my first blog post here, if that interests you. 😉
2. At what point do you think you will stop?
As of now, I honestly do not know when I will stop blogging. I absolutely adore blogging and writing and sharing my thoughts with you guys, even if I don’t have much feedback. I don’t think I will be stopping anytime soon, but if I do, it will be when I lose interest. (I don’t think that’s going to happen, or at least I hope it won’t)
3. What is the best thing? (About blogging)
Blogging, in my opinion, is a way of spreading and sharing your thoughts and feelings on something. I love all of it, but my favorite part of being a blogger is to be able to talk with fellow book nerds who love reading as much as I do. ❤
4. What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
I really have no negative things to say about blogging. I know for a lot of bigger bloggers, they might say that they get some negative feedback, or bad comments, but I don’t think I have reached the point of success where bad things come with the good things. (If that makes any sense at all) I LOVE BLOGGING/WRITING/READING.
5. How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
Unless I am trying to create something graphic/artsy with a watermark, it usually doesn’t take long. I mean I just basically search online for what I want, and I get the result in a minute or two. I also use some of my book photography from my bookstagram account, so almost everything I need is ready for me to use.
6. Who is your book crush?
Ahem. Please take in a deep breath because I have a HUGE list…
- My soulmate, or all time favorite book crush is Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series. I started reading his books five/six years ago and my crush still remains on him…I think its an even bigger crush now.
- Then, directly after Percy, is my other soulmate, Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices trilogy. I know everyone in the entire universe loves him, but I do too. He’s just perfect and you can’t say otherwise to me.
- Next up we have Roth from the Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I have two words to say about him: Hot. Damn. Literally. If you’ve read this series, you know what I’m talking about. *winks*
- This book crush I just love because of his cute personality and sarcasm. Of course I’m talking about none other than Leo Valdez from the Heroes of Olympus series… ugh he’s so cute it just makes me smile. 😉
- Then, finally we have a guy from a contemporary book–Theodore Finch from All The Bright Places. Ahhhh I can’t help myself but love him… *Tears up a bit*
- Of course we have to have a guy from a Sarah J. Maas book, and that’s Dorian Havilliard. I know many people are Team Chaol, but I find that Dorian is just much more; he’s got much more personality, much more sarcasm, much more bookishness, overall much more.
Of course I have many other book crushes, because I fall in love with almost every guy in every new book I start (unless the guy is ridiculous or there’s instalove). I love them all so much that I even have a bookshelf on goodreads dedicated to them. You can check it out here for my full list of book boyfriends!
7. Which author would you like to have on your blog?
I would absolutely love it if any one of my favorite authors interacted with me on my blog, but I think it would be particularly interesting with Jasmine Warga, author of My Heart and Other Black Holes. (But you can look at a bunch of my favorite authors here.)
8. What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
Uhhh…I just wear normal clothes. In fact, unless I am outside blogging, I’m always in my pajamas. What did you think this answer would be?
9. How long does it take for you to prepare?
I don’t know what this question means. How long does it take for me to prepare to write a post? Not much, because if I sit down ready to write, I’ve already thought of what I want to say and I just need to get it out in words. And its either because I’m ignorant or stupid or whatever, but I never edit my posts. So not much time.
10. How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?
I absolutely adore it, as I’ve mentioned before. I love how everyone is so accepting on here, and kind and sweet and are always giving nice feedback even if they do not have the same opinions as me. I love my blog, I love my fellow bloggers, I love this blogger community.
11. What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
Personally, at this point I wouldn’t necessarily call my blog “successful”, as I don’t have many followers (though I don’t really care about that) but these are some tips that I would give to new bloggers. (For example, for me, I think Alexandra’s blog is successful just because its so aesthetically beautiful and in my opinion, perfect.) Here are some of them:
- Post often! The more you post, the more of a chance someone will click on your blog and follow it.
- Interact with your followers! This is probably the best tip I can give. I don’t have many followers, but the ones I do have, I’m always interacting with them.
- Do memes and readathons–or basically interact with other bloggers. By doing things like these, you’ll spread your name.
Those are basically my tips–I don’t really have many more. I’d recommend you check out other tips from other blogs if you’d like. 🙂
Anyways, that’s it for this tag! I tag anyone who is a blogger. ❤ ❤ ❤ It was so much fun to do!
// // // // //
some recent posts:
check out some of my other reviews, on my review archives.