So this is the first time I was ever nominated for an blog award, and I would like to thank the beautiful Fiona from My Cafe Au Livre for nominating me! You can check out her blog here.
I’m sending you a bunch of virtual hugs! ❤
- link back and thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- answer the eleven questions they give you
- tag up to eleven blogger who have 200 or less followers
- ask your nominees eleven questions and let them know you tagged them!
Questions from Fiona:
1. What are your favorite authors? I know it’s tough, but I’m not limiting you to a certain number!
As a booknerd, I obviously have a long list of favorite authors. Here are some of them: Rick Riordan, Cassandra Clare, Marie Lu, Laini Taylor, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Veronica Roth, etc.
2. Favorite book as a child? Do you still go back a read it occasionally?
I am picking two books for this answer, and both of them are picture books.
The first one is Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
and the second is Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
I am attached to these books because I have so many memories with them. Unfortunately, I don’t occasionally read them though I would if I had my copies of them.
3. Are there any movie adaptations that you prefer over the actual book?
I don’t think so. I mean, books are always better–isn’t that the rule?
4. If you were the hero/heroine of your own story, what fictional character would you pick as your companion/sidekick?
As a companion, I would love to have Harper from Rebel Belle as my sidekick the most because she is so funny and upbeat, but I think I would be good friends with Annabeth Chase, Tessa Gray, and Katy Swartz from the Lux series, too.
5. Do you read one book at a time, or do you read multiple at once?
I usually read two books at a time, or sometimes even three. I know it confuses a lot of people, but it doesn’t confuse me because I choose books from very different genres (for example; fantasy and contemporary) so nothing is jumbled up in my head.
6. If you could read one genre for the rest of the year, what would it be?
See, I’m kinda gonna cheat for this. I’m going to choose the entire YA genre, because why not?
But if I had to choose one, I would go with fantasy because its my favorite genre and most of my books on my TBR are fantasy or have some fantastical elements in them.
7. What books being released this year are you most looking forward to?
- Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
And many more but I can’t remember them from the top of my head right now!
8. Where’s you favorite spot to read?
On my bed because its so comfy and cozy.
That’s literally me, except I *usually* don’t read “Moon Stories” . 😀
9. Also, favorite beverage while reading?
I just realized–I don’t eat or drink anything while reading! But if I do, I guess water or fruit smoothies.
10. I hate to do this (just kidding, I don’t), but who are your top 5 female characters? What about male?
Female characters: Annabeth Chase, Tessa Gray, Tris Prior, Clary Fray, and my newest edition…Harper Price from Rebel Belle! Well, there’s more, but I love this female protagonists.
Male characters: PERCY JACKSON (HE’S MINE AND WILL BE MINE FOREVER OKAY I MET HIM IN THIRD GRADE ITS BEEN FIVE YEARS SINCE WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER, lol), Will Herondale, Roth from The Dark Elements, Leo Valdez because he is bae, and Theodore Finch from All The Bright Places. (I am currently reading this book and I EFFIN LOVE IT SO FAR AND FINCH IS SO ASSDFGHDJFLDJ!!)
11. And finally, what’s next on the TBR list?
Probably The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski, Angelfall by Susan Ee, or The Archived by Victoria Schwab..We’ll see. But probably The Winner’s Crime.
Who I’m Nominating: (Note, I am sorry if you have already done this or have already been nominated. Also, if you have over 200 followers and I nominated you, you can just ignore this because it’s my mistake!)
1. Kubra from The Reader Complex
2. Erika from Erika’s Book Ramblings
3. Claire from Coffee *Book* Mom
4. Pavi from For The Love of Fictional Worlds
5. Kath from https://kathquiambao.wordpress.com/
My questions for the people who are nominated:
1. What are your favorite 3 books that you have read so far this year (2015)?
2. What are some of your favorite book covers?
3. Which books/authors got you into reading?
4. What are two of your least favorite books?
5. What are three under-hyped books you recommend?
6. What is your favorite book quote(s)? Why?
7. How many books do you plan on reading this year?
8. Who are 5 of your fictional boy/girl friends?
9. Name one book that everyone loves but you despise.
10. What’s your favorite genre?
11. Do you watch booktube videos? If so, who?